Texas Students Engage With YEARS
Students in Austin and San Antonio watched YEARS OF LIVING DANGEROUSLY this week and decided to take some action. After watching the first episode, which featured Don Cheadle in Plainview, TX talking to citizens about how drought is impacting their community, the students got together to write letters to Governor Perry asking him for a meeting to discuss. Their enthusiasm and activism was a breath of fresh air and proof positive that we can all make changes. Check out the letters below!
UN Panel: 8 Reasons to Worry About Global Warming
A United Nations panel of scientists’ eight “key risks” that are part of broader “reasons for concern” about climate change.
1. Coastal flooding will kill people and cause destruction.
2. Some people will go hungry because of warming, drought and severe downpours.
3. Big cites will be damaged by inland flooding.
4. Water shortages will make the poor even poorer in rural areas.
5. Crazy weather, like storms, can make life miserable, damaging some of the things we take for granted, like electricity, running water and emergency services.
6. Some fish and other marine animals could be in trouble, which will probably hurt fishing communities.
7. Some land animals won’t do much better and that’s not good for people who depend on them.
8. Heat waves, especially in cities, will kill the elderly and very young.
Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/panel-reasons-worry-global-warming-23110247